Ready to entertain? Have an itch to perform on stage in front of others? Need to Lip Sync for your life?? Join us for the Lip Sync Battle and compete for the title Lip Sync Champion!!!
Lip Sync Battle Guidelines and Rules
- All participants must have an Anime Oasis Dynamite 2019 badge.
- All participants must read and agree to follow all rules of the Lip Sync Battle.
- By registering for the Lip Sync Battle, all participants agree to allow Anime Oasis to use their images for promotional purposes, both photographs and video.
- All convention policies must be upheld during the entirety of the Lip Sync Battle. Anyone breaking Anime Oasis rules will be disqualified and reported to Operations.
- Anime Oasis regular staff may enter Lip Sync Battle as long as staff-related responsibilities are fulfilled.
HOW TO ENTER -
- The total number that will be allowed this year will be 12 entries
- No groups larger than 2 people at this time
- All entries are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. If all entry slots are full, there will be a waiting list for additional entrants who may be called in if any participants drop out or are disqualified.
- We have the right to deny your song choice and have you choose another.
- Entries must be submitted online, ahead of time. No entries will be accepted at con.
- Entrants must be on time for check in before the event. If you are late you may be disqualified from the competition.
- Anime Oasis is an all ages friendly event. Content should not go beyond PG-13.
- Offensive language of any kind is not allowed—no racial or sexual epithets; no profanity, etc.
- No excessive violence.
- No nudity—all costumes must adhere to the official Anime Oasis rules.
- If you think your costume or presentation might be too risqué or offensive, it probably is.
- If you have a question about your content, please feel free to ask the Lip Sync Staff if it is allowable.
- You may surprise the audience, but never surprise the crew.
- No fire, flame, smoke, fog, dry ice, wind machines, lasers, pressurized gases or liquids.
- No messy substances—wet, dry, or oily—in the green room or on stage.
- No jumping on or off stage
- Entrants must abide by the convention weapons policies. All weapons must be peace bonded and approved. The Lip Sync Coordinators must approve any actions involving weapons.
- Contestants may not use stage time to make political, religious, insulting, or other demonstrations not related to their entry.
- If for whatever reason one contestant is removed from competition for any violation, the entire group may be disqualified as well depending on the situation.
- All decisions made by the Lip Sync Coordinators or Director of Programming are final
- You must have some kind of foot covering. Shoes or boots are required.
- Contestants are judged solely on their performance.
- Cosplay is not required of contestants, however, it is highly encouraged!
- Costumes do not have to be self-made. Costume construction has no influence on the performance judging.
- All entrants must give a performance.
- Each contestant will appear in only one stage performance.
- The judges are free to give as many or as few awards as they choose.
- Performance will be judged based on the performance of the contestant/whole group.
- Performance awards are granted to the entries that have shown excellent stage presentation.
- Contestants must provide their own music.
- We can accept MP3, M4A, and other common file types. We strongly prefer 128kbps or higher.
- Recorded music must be clear to hear.
- Do not submit valuable original CDs. Bring backup copies of your audio on USB thumb drive or CD to ensure it's not lost.
- Anime Oasis is not responsible for damage to or loss of CDs or any other media.
- Clearly label your back-up CD with person/group name and performance title.
- We will not play or rip music off portable MP3 players, such as iPods or cell phones.
- Leave the stage as clean as it was when you set foot on it. Arrange to remove all items you brought on stage at the end of your presentation.
- Don't plan for complex lighting. If you desire anything other than default lighting or music cues, discuss it with the Lip Sync Coordinators before the convention.
- Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person/group.
- Songs may be from any category, but are limited to 3 minutes.
- You must include the lyrics for the song you are using so that we may review for approval. If the song is not in English, you must include lyrics in the original language and the English translation.
- List 3 songs you would like to perform. If your song has been selected by another contestant one or both may be asked to chose their alternative.
- Try to match your songs to your costume choice
THE FINAL BATTLE
You can't have a battle without a face off! Contestants will be given a song prior to con to practice for the final lip sync performance! The top two contestants will face off at the end of the event for the title of LIP SYNC BATTLE WINNER!
READY TO ENTER?
Send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
1 - Name/Group Name (This is whatever you would like to be announced as onstage)
2 - The 3 songs in order of preference
3 - If you are planning to cosplay who you will be cosplaying as
You will receive a confirmation email saying whether you got in or placed on the waiting list. Then another email with all the final rules and information.
All questions can also be sent to the above email.
COORDINATORS AND HOSTS
Yuki and Raiphin from IFP (Interactive Fandom Panels) will be the Coordinators/Hosts and Final Judges for the Lip Synch Battle. Together they have many, many years of stage performing and winning awards along with hosting interactive panels and MCing various events.
Tokudoku is a homegrown Idahoan Potato who loves to work on all kinds of cosplay. Her repertoire ranges from sparkly princesses to grumpy old men. Since 2013, she's traveled across North America to compete in all sorts of contests and has been bestowed several awards. She's excited to see the contestants of Anime Oasis' Lip Sync and hopes they GO BEYOND PLUS ULTRA!
Yu Puffin is a costumer and performer who began his cosplay adventures with Vocaloid in 2011 alongside his cosplay group, The Muffin Society. A primarily self-taught dancer, he has earned first place in a number of competitions, including the Lip Sync Battles at KuroNekoCon 2018 and Kumoricon 2018. He is excited and honored to make his Anime Oasis debut with his first event judging, as well as his first ever visit to Idaho!
Airedail is excited to join Anime Oasis' first Lip Sync contest as a judge. Airedail has over 15 years of dance and performance experience. Airedail has also won 4 different battles in Jez Roth's Lip Sync for Your Cosplay contests along with winning The Fiercest of Them All award. Along with judging other lip sync and performance contests, Airedail is prepared and excited to judge fierce and bold performances.